What the bleep

I attended the San Francisco premier of Down the Rabbit Hole last night. The theater was at maximum capacity (about 400 people). The movie itself is long (2 hours 40 minutes) and is essentially an extended version of the original What the Bleep, with some very good new animation and nearly all new interviews. Those expecting an entirely new film will be disappointed, but if you're looking for a more in-depth version of the first film you'll be satisfied. For those who still can't get enough, a 5 hour DVD version is in the works.

Realistically you're not going to learn quantum mechanics from watching this film, or for that matter the biochemistry of addiction, or the mystical foundations of religion, or the ontological implications of living in a holistic universe. But it's an entertaining introduction to very some complex and fascinating topics.

After the show, Mark Vincente (the director), Fred Alan Wolf and I did a Q&A with the audience for about an hour. This film has clearly touched some people very deeply, and if nothing else it gets people thinking seriously about some of the "big questions." I don't recall the last time I've seen a movie that encouraged an audience to think. Feel, sure. That's the bread and butter of Hollywood.

But think? That's unusual, and this movie accomplishes that goal.

Comments

Dean Radin said…
The new interviews were myself, Lynne McTaggart (author of "The Field") and Dr. Emoto (author of "Messages of Water"). The new topic was quantum entanglement. The theme of the movie is the same, but it's deeper in the sense that there's more talking head time and less theatrical movie time. I'm told that the experiment I conducted as part of the interview will be in the 5 hr DVD version.
Saravana said…
Hi Dean,

Good to see a blog of a Scientist working on concepts I like (Entanglement).

I'm an Indian presently trying to understand what ancient Indian sciences say for eg: Astrology and Predicting Future and their explanations from a scientific viewpoint.

btw could you tell me how can I get this DVD in India at Indian costs ?? or should I get it in standard american rates ??

Thanks a lot

Popular posts from this blog

Show me the evidence

Feeling the future meta-analysis

Skeptic agrees that remote viewing is proven